Monday, November 3, 2014

St. Thomas School Blog - Ms. Satac's English Class

For our first blog post of the semester, Ms. Satac asked us to  post a project we have been working on in her 10th grade English class.  Last month, we read The Life and Advenctures of Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe.  I have to admit, at first I thought it was going to be a seriously dull version of the movie Cast Away with Tom Hanks.  I love Tom Hanks and I love "Wilson,"  so I was pretty much convinced that I was not going to love Robinson Crusoe.  Ms. Satac was absolutely sure that I was going to love it, so I figured I should trust her opinion.  I mean, she's my teacher, I guess she'd know.

Our project was to choose our favorite scene from the book and recreate it into a Google story as if it were a movie script.  I picked the part of the story where Robinson first starts talking to Friday after he saves him from the savage people.  Which, kind of confused me because Friday is also kind of a savage, but whatever. I chose this part of the book because it seemed really sad to me that Friday would just assume that Robinson was his new master because he saved him.  I had so much respect for Robinson when he didn't take advantage of Friday and told him that he was his friend and not his master. I think that was a really good quality that Daniel Defoe gave his character.  I appreciated his honesty and I think that the story would have been terrible if Robinson took advantage of Friday like that.

So, without further ado, here is my project.  Hope you enjoy it!

Google Story Builder Project: Robinson Crusoe

No comments:

Post a Comment